Friday, October 11, 2013

Suketus I


Kristina Carlson: Earth's edge Otava 1999 192 p Kristina Carlson, Earth's edge was a difficult book for me. I was hard to get a grip on it and a few tens of the first pages went a little over, in some kind of houreessa, maybe. Faintest already - what this book is, do I read this any more? It was worth it, because without you even noticing that sucked me in Siberia, fraudulent happiness in the country. Student Lennart Falk leaves to seek his fortune (and themselves), the Amur to Earth in the 1860s. Nakhodka there is indeed a global reach: the streets are mutavelliä, as servants of the murder and the punishment of men prisoners, the news go slowly. But still we drink champagne at a party, ollaanhan the same latitudes in Paris with! And the celebrations held whenever there is an opportunity, not the ends of the earth can not stand the way! Siberian vast land areas are still full of treasures waiting to be found. Lennart last post dreams, in particular from coal, from that of the future and the development of the fuel, which women do not know how to appreciate, but rather like diamonds. Women Lennart way, were the first Punavuoren women, who are not counted, then the chief Nakhodka on the mother and daughter, who he wants both, but not neither. Young student working towards an official mail and are guaranteed a good life, when he gets a strange assault victims and bedridden, murdered, although last post it remains alive. Young man's mind does not improve, even if the body gradually toipuukin. Why would someone want to murder Lennart? Carlson's language is beautiful. When I read the book to the end, I wanted to start it right from the beginning, so I can appreciate it better, from the very beginning. But yes, even this was enough to convince that the pen remains in the author's hand, and more are to be read. The drawing board of the power smoothly and evenly without being boring in any way, even if it is not the power to tell the events. Rather, paints a picture of a human small size compared to large, infinite patterns, such as now, even in Siberia or the Russian society, or, well, the world. The book is not ruined by the length, and really mean it: up to 200 multiplied by the side of all, what this story needs. last post I left alone. Loneliness is heavy baggage. It says Lennart, who have their own reasons for wanting to travel to the drawing last post board, not just the adventurous, with young people (aristocratic) men has always been embalmed. Yes, I got this tarttumapintaa, although I'm not a young man and I am on the way to the drawing board. Fountain of Youth hunt, frustrations, feelings, learning to live with it - that's what it is. And the Siberian light dazzled in all almost cold through the story. A beautiful book, well worth reading, and received the Finlandia Prize, too. An absolute treasure last post trove of Finnish literature in the hunt. The country have traveled to the drawing board (and enjoyed the trip), last post but also James and Noora.
I have this number on the list, I found at a flea market last post in the summer last post in good condition hardcover version of this and I did not know what a treasure I carried home. It sounds like the thing after reading a book worthy! :) Delete
Great for reading! And even more, it warms my heart that you liked! :) Fine wrote reviews - mie again sucked into the very beginning Carlson language. The story is really not in any way revolutionary, but is it a good book always need to be. :) Delete
Attractive Rating - should read this over again, I liked it in the first reading of a book published, and I was really glad it receives the Finlandia Prize. I have been very much in Carlson's last post subsequent novels, Mr Darwin's gardener, and William N. diary. If you liked the drawing board to the novel, you might want to explore those too if you have not already done it. Delete
Suketus I'm a history teacher, the school of the world few decades, and a bookworm. I like for various creatures, as well as the time and the late submission of the marks. I write the books I read on my blog, and kokemistani things, sometimes työstäkin. Perspectives, interpretations, and opinions are my own. My blog is not commercial links, but sometimes I write songs saamistani review. As I mark the texts. We hope you enjoy kelkassani! Contact: suketus85ATgmailPISTEcom View profile
2013 (145) October (5) September (18) August (14) July (16) June (13) May (16) April (18) March (12) February (18) January (15) 2012 (207) December last post (13) November (15) October (20) September (16) August (19) July (17) June (20) May (18) April (20) Knobs south-east! Three sad song to Kosovo and other stories related to Spring and We went to How to Talk to a Widower Over dandruff Frid

No comments:

Post a Comment