Tuesday, November 12, 2013

I've been in sunny Norfolk for a while, but now I am back home. We saw Welsh police vans [ Heddlu he


I've been in sunny Norfolk for a while, but now I am back home. We saw Welsh police vans [ Heddlu helpfully written on the side] on the news during the Bristol Tesco trouble, and on the radio this morning in a broadcast from Swansea about the upcoming elections, someone said " Da iawn"... Welsh in action there. I had a look round the church in the village we stayed at, Stayhoe, yodel tracking and wrote Godidog in the visitor's book.... it's most appropriate yodel tracking because [a] it means splendid which the church was, in a modest sort of way [b] it starts with the word God which fits quite well... and as far as I can find it is the longest Welsh palindromic yodel tracking word. well, I've just googled it, and Wikipedia only gives 3 Welsh palindromes... bob, dad and gog ... how feeble! Neil and Fred's gigantic list of palindromes gives just one welsh one... Llad dafad dall. Kill a blind sheep. yodel tracking which is hardly groundbreaking. I also bought a superb large-scale map of the Gower ... a place I have never been to. My only experiences of South Wales have been... [1] Working in Senghenydd at a sawmill for 3 weekds when I was a student. [2] A 2-day visit to Cardiff a few years ago. We visited all the piers we could as my wife... [herinafter referred to as The Librarian] loves them.I yodel tracking liked them too, but we didn't get as far as the Gower,,,what a pity. On one of my rare days off from the sawmill, I bussed into Caerphilly and visited the Castle... here's a guided tour.. Anyway, this huge map of the Gower is packed with brilliant Welsh place-names such as... Wt Twr Wernbwll Mynydd bach y Cocs Gelli-groes Rallt Vernel-ganol yodel tracking Parc-le-Breos Staffa haegr Wern-halog Dan-y-lan Tir cethin and so on.... it's quite noticeable that the south part of the gower has far fewer Welsh place-names compared to the northern side. Anyway, I had an interesting time trying to translate all these names and more.I can recommend it as a nice way to expand your stock of Welsh words. With that in-depth piece of research, yodel tracking we come to the music section.. Here's Duffy with "Harbwr Diogel", yodel tracking unfortunately the video is only a still picture.. and for the sake of completeness, here's Elin Fflur singing the same song also with a static video... and here are the words plus someone's translation...all rather crammed up and tiny though.. Mae na rywbeth amdanat ti Na fedra i egluro Rhywbeth amdanat ti Syn gwneud i nghalon i guro Rhywbeth amdanat ti Na fedrai ddianc rhagddo Rhywbeth amdanat ti Na fedrai fyth anghofio Wrth weld y casineb Fel cancr ym mhob gwlad A gweld y diniwed yn nofio yn y gwaed Wrth weld y nos yn cau allan y dydd Fyddaim yn colli fydd Amser hynny fyddain diolch Fod na rywbeth amdanat ti Na fedra i egluro Rhywbeth amdanat ti Syn gwneud i nghalon yodel tracking i guro Rhywbeth amdanat ti Na fedrai ddianc yodel tracking rhagddo Rhywbeth amdanat yodel tracking ti Na fedrai fyth anghofio Wrth weld y tyrrau uchel yn syrthio ir llawr A chlywed gelynion yodel tracking yn herio efoi geiriau mawr Wrth weld y byd ma, ar dan ac yn mynd oi go Fyddaim yn anobeithio Amser hynny fyddain diolch Fod na rywbeth amdanat ti Na fedra i egluro Rhywbeth amdanat ti Syn gwneud i nghalon i guro Ti ywr harbwr diogel, yng nghanol y storm Ti ywr breichiau cadarn Im cadw rhag ofn O, im cadw i rhag ofn. Mae na rywbeth amdanat ti Na fedra i egluro Rhywbeth amdanat ti Syn gwneud i nghalon i guro Rhywbeth amdanat ti Syn wahanol i bawb arall Rhywbeth amdanat ti Syn gwneud in llawer cryfach Rhywbeth amdanat ti Rhywbeth amdanat ti Rhywbeth amdanat ti ENGLISH TRANSLATION Safe Haven Theres yodel tracking something about you That I cannot explain Something about you That makes my heart beat so Something about you That I cannot escape from Something about you That I shall never forget As I see the hatred Like cancer everywhere And see the innocent, drowning yodel tracking in the blood And witness the night shut out the day I do not lose faith That is when I thank that... Theres something about you That I cannot explain Something about you That makes my heart beat so Something about you That I cannot escape from Something about you That I shall never forget As I see the towers, so tall falling to the ground And hear enemies dispute, with their mighty words As I watch this world, on fire and going mad I do not despair For that is when I thank that Theres something about you That I cannot explain Something about you That makes my heart beat so You are the safe haven, in the midst of the storm You are the firm arms That keeps me from fear O, that keeps me from fear Theres something about you That I cannot explain Something about you That makes my heart beat so Something about you That is different from anyone else Something about you That makes me so much stronger Something about you well, you'll certainly have learned the Welsh word for something after that! You probably won't forget godidog either... RESULT!
2013 (95) November (3) October (15) September (12) August (12) July (12) June (7) May (7) April (9) March (9) February (2) January (7) 2012 (72) December (7) November (2) October (2) September (2)

No comments:

Post a Comment